Saturday, February 5, 2011

HAM LOAF SUPERB

Last week I bought a ham, thinking of ham and pea soup. What's to be done with all the ham? I rooted out a recipe I hadn't done in years. Ham loaf supreme. It was a hand written recipe so I have no idea where it originated. I made it for dinner last night.

I served it with fingerling potatoes dusted with parsley and asparagus. A spoonful of my green tomato chutney on the side. Here is the recipe.
1lb of ground ham
1lb of ground pork
2 eggs, beaten
1c quick cooking oats
3/4 c tomato or V8
1 small onion, chopped
1tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
sliced cheese
Mix all ingredients together and form into a loaf on ungreased baking pan. Bake at 35 degrees for 1-1 1/4 hrs. Make slits 1/3 way through top and insert triangles of cheese. Put back in oven until melted.
A great inner for a cold night.

No comments: