Sunday, March 6, 2011

THIS RECIPE IS A WINNER

When scallops are in season we can't get enough of them. It was just timely to find this delicious salad recipe in Bon Appetit this month. The dressing is made with orange juice, balsamic vinegar(it said white but I used the dark) olive oil, chopped ginger and cilantro. Baby spinach leaves, segmented oranges and some blanched asparagus (my addition) pour over the dressing and top with scallops which have been dusted with flour and sauteed in a small amount of butter. It suggested pressing coriander seeds into the scallops but I didn't have any so I dusted them with ground coriander. This recipe is destined to become a favorite.

2 comments:

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

Yummo! I love scallops! This looks like a winner.

Lisa said...

Very intriguing topic. And I should say that you're recipe is the winner. Keep sharing more recipes.

Lisa from video-guitar-lessons-personal-teacher